How To Clean A Dishwasher
Cleaning a dishwasher is an important process to prolong its lifespan and keep it working at its best. If you’d like added peace of mind, dishwasher insurance cover at Home Emergency Assist ensures you’re fully protected if your appliance breaks down.
How to clean a dishwasher
Here are our simple steps for how to clean a dishwasher:
- Detach the bottom dish rack inside the dishwasher. Then, take a look at the dishwasher drain to determine the extent of the dirt
- Clean any food or grime caught in the drain. This will significantly improve your dishwasher’s efficiency, allowing water to flow through with ease
- To give your dishwasher a deep clean, white vinegar does a great job. Simply pour some white vinegar into a dishwasher-safe container and place it on the top rack
Run a hot water cycle through your dishwasher, helping to wash away grime and any nasty odours
- Remove any stubborn stains and give your dishwasher a lasting freshness by running a short, hot water cycle with the addition of baking soda. Simply scatter baking soda along the bottom of your dishwasher before starting the cycle.
There are also plenty of ways to look after your dishwasher in between deep cleans, such as:
- Clean any food remains that may be lingering in your dishwasher daily. For example, when lumps of food fall of plates and have nowhere to go. A good tip is to rinse any particularly dirty crockery before placing it in the dishwasher to prevent build up. Don’t rinse too carefully though, as dishwashers are more effective when they can detect food!
- Use a damp sponge to remove any surface stains on the interior or exterior of the dishwasher door
- Remove the filter on a weekly basis to give it a good rinse. A clogged and dirty filter can prevent your dishwasher from doing its job properly
For more information about our dishwasher breakdown cover, or our selection of other trusted home appliance cover packages, get in touch to receive a free quote. Alternatively, fill our our quote form online.
Apply for a quote on Dishwasher Cover Today
Get cover for breakdown of your dishwasher, cooker, fridge freezer and other essential home appliances. From just £3.99 per month!
Choose an appliance to find out more…
Need help setting up your cover? Give us a call on 1234 567 890
All Prices Include IPT. Domestic Warranty Shop Ltd. is an Appointed Representative of ES Risks Limited which is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority: Registered in England and Wales, Reg.565023 No.12099297. We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service. You can find out more at financial-ombudsman.org.uk