Any questions? We’ve tried our best to cover the most common questions asked by our customers, but if there’s anything else we’ve missed, please give us a call.

General Questions

When will my policy begin?

Your cover will commence on the day we process your application, but claims cannot be made in the first 14 days of cover. Claims under Appliance cover within the first 14 days will be subject to a £250 excess. This helps to prevent claims being made for pre-existing problems which in turn helps us to keep our prices lower. We can then pass these savings on to you, our customers..

How do I change or update my contact details?

Call our customer service helpline on 0808 280 2814 to make any changes to your contact details.

I can’t find my policy documentation. Can I get another copy?

If you need to download your policy documentation, you can find copies of our Home Emergency Cover and Appliance Cover by clicking this link. For copies of your own personal policy schedule, give us a call on 0808 280 2814 or send an email to: [email protected]. We’ll arrange your documents to be sent out.

What happens to my policy at renewal?

When we set up your Home Emergency Cover and/or Appliance Cover policy, it’s done so on a rolling contract. This means you’ve got peace of mind that your policy won’t expire and leave you exposed without you knowing about it. On the anniversary of your contract (the renewal date), we’ll automatically renew your cover unless you instruct us otherwise before the expiry date. We’ll remind you of this once every 12 months, too, at least 2 weeks before it’s due to renew.

How do I cancel, amend or transfer my policy?

To cancel or make amendments to your policy into another name, please call us on 0808 280 2814

Alternatively write to us at the address below or email to: [email protected]. Please let us know the reason for cancellation or amendment.

Customer Services Department
Domestic Warranty Shop

Unit d , 4 terrace Road


Who provides the insurance?

If you have a home emergency cover, your policy is underwritten by Collinson Insurance Services Limited, Sussex House, Perrymount Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 1DN

If you have Appliance Cover your policy is underwritten and insured by Bastion Insurance Company Limited (ROC Company ID C 37545) of 4th Floor, Development House, St Anne Street, Floriana, FRN 9010, 

Your policy is arranged by and administered by Domestic Warranty Shop Ltd, who is an Appointed Representative of ES Risks Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority ref: 565023.

If I move house, will I still be covered?

If you’re moving, your policy will move with you. We’ll transfer it for you without charge. All you need to do is call us on 0808 280 2814 and the transfer will be effective immediately. Please bear in mind that we can’t cover any pre-existing emergency issues at the new property. 

How do I set up a policy?

To set up a new policy, you can buy online directly through our website. Or, you can give us a call on 0808 280 2814. We can get you covered immediately.

How can I change my existing home insurance provider to Domestic Warranty Shop?

If you want to switch from your existing provider to Domestic Warranty Shop please give us a call on 0808 280 2814 and we can move you over immediately. We’ll also give you a change of insurer form that you can send to your existing provider.  


What is Insurance Premium Tax (IPT)?

Insurance Premium Tax, or IPT, is a government tax that’s applied to various insurance products, which includes car, home and travel. Every insurer has to charge this tax, so in doing so, we’re not adding on any unnecessary charges. Government changes to IPT at any point in time could unavoidably affect your quote. 

Home Emergency Cover

What is home emergency cover?

This type of cover protects you for a number of unexpected emergencies that can happen in the home. These might include blocked drains, burst pipes, a heating system failure, or problems with your electrical wiring, security system or roof. It can even cover you against pest infestations. An approved contractor will be sent to your home to investigate and resolve the problem, reducing the chance of it getting worse and costing you more.  

How do you define an ‘emergency’?

When we talk about an ‘emergency’ in the home, we’re talking about an unforeseen, expected event that, if not resolved quickly, could: 


  • Lead to structural instability and an unsafe home; 
  • Cause damage or even further damage to the home;
  • Cause a personal risk to you;
  • Cause a personal health and safety risk to others, like your family.
    What’s the difference between home insurance and home emergency cover?

    Home insurance doesn’t usually cover any electrical or mechanical failures in the home. Your typical home insurance usually only covers the damage caused by an emergency in the home. 


    What’s the difference between home insurance and home emergency cover?

    Your typical home insurance usually only covers the damage caused by an emergency in the home. You should check your existing provider’s policy to see whether they specifically cover any emergencies or are more limited. 


    Why do I need Home Emergency insurance?

    You’ll be covered in the event of a home emergency with just a single number to call to cover a large  amount of problems. You have access to a network of qualified contractors that are waiting to assist our customers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. They’ll rectify the emergency issue and prevent your home from being damaged further. 

    Will your policies cover the general maintenance of my home?

    No, under this type of policy, your home won’t be covered for general maintenance, only emergencies. 

    I have no cover at the moment, can you help?

    Yes we can. Have a look at our website and see which option best suits you, then give us a call on 0808 280 2814, We can even tailor a package to suit your specific needs. Our opening hours are 9am to 5pm Monday – Friday. 

    I’m a tenant in rented accommodation. Can I take out home emergency cover?

    No, our insurnace isn’t suited to you as a tenant. We can’t cover any social or housing association properties either, as the council deals with any necessary repairs on your building.

    Appliance Cover

    What appliances can I cover?
    Do you offer a discount on multiple appliances?

    Yes our policy does offer a discount for covering more than one appliance.

    Do you cover accidental damage?

     We do cover accidental damage under this policy for your selected appliances.

    Is there a limit per claim?

    You’re covered for up to £500-£800 per claim depending on your policy limit detailed in your policy schedule

    All points covered in the FAQs are for illustration purposes only and subject to change, please refer to you policy book for up to date terms and conditions



    All Prices Include IPT. Domestic Warranty Shop Ltd. is an Appointed Representative of ES Risks Limited which is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority: Registered in England and Wales, Reg.565023 No.12099297. We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service. You can find out more at financial-ombudsman.org.uk